- Our Academy is a one-form entry primary school with academy status.
- We provide excellent education for children of school ages 4-11. Our total number on roll Reception – Year 6 is 210.
- We also have two nursery classes offering 15 hour nursery entitlement (morning and afternoon nursery).
- In addition, during 2023-24 we provide a number of 30 hour nursery places for 3 and 4 year olds (this provision will be reviewed in the summer term to determine our offer for the year commencing September 2024). You can apply for a place at our nursery by coming in to school for an application form.
- Our 30 hours provision is currently full.
- We have limited school places, most year groups are full with a waiting list in some classes, however prospective parents looking for an in-year transfer are always welcome to contact the school to information and guidance– please contact us for further information on 01902 556 447.
Applications for a place at SS Peter and Paul Catholic Primary Academy & Nursery (Reception – Year 6) must initially be made via the Wolverhampton LA coordinated admissions procedure. An actual offer of a place is made directly by the school as we manage our own admissions in line with our policy.
In Year Applications
An application can be made for a place for a child at any time outside the admission round and the child will be admitted where there are available places. An application should be made via the local authority by completing the in-year admissions application form which is available from School admissions | City Of Wolverhampton Council As a Catholic School, parents will also need to complete a Supplementary Information Form in addition to the standard application form that is submitted to the local authority. Supplementary Information Forms can be obtained from the school’s website or a hard copy can be provided on request by contacting the school office at email@example.com or on 01902 556447.
Supplementary Information Forms must be returned directly to the school at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the school address Hordern Road, Wolverhampton, WV6 0HR. If a Supplementary Information Form is not submitted directly to the school this may affect the priority given to the application and could affect the likelihood of your child being offered a place.
The local authority will forward your application to the school for consideration by the governors. Where there are places available but more applications than places, the published oversubscription criteria, as set out in the admission arrangements for 2023/24, will be applied. The full admission arrangements can be accessed from www.sspeterandpaul.co.uk/about-us/policies/ or by contacting the school office to request a hard copy. Parents are advised to read the admission arrangements carefully before making their application.
If there are no places available, the local authority will notify you of this decision on behalf of the governors and the child will be added to the waiting list. Please see the admission arrangements for more details regarding waiting lists.
You will be advised of the outcome of your application in writing as soon as possible.
Applicants must be informed of the outcome of their application within 15 school days of its receipt, but the aim is to notify applicants of the outcome of their application within 10 school days of its receipt.
You have the right to appeal to an independent appeal panel if your application is unsuccessful.
If you have any questions in relation to in-year admissions please contact Mrs Byrne, Principal, on behalf of the Governing Body.
You may also wish to discuss in-year applications with the local authority email@example.com.
We welcome your interest in a place at our academy. Every day is an open day here, so please contact us to arrange a visit. We are very proud of all that we can offer your child at SS Peter & Paul’s.