“During these challenging times, it has become clearer to me than ever before the importance of keeping active and how it benefits not just our physical health but our ability to pay attention, our mood and our mental health too” (Statement by Gavin Williamson – Minister for Education regarding P.E. Sport Premium School Funding 05.07.20
With reference to the above statement, at SS Peter and Paul’s Catholic Primary Academy we strive to deliver outstanding teaching and learning opportunities that promote the importance of a healthy lifestyle. We teach our pupils in an inclusive, safe guarded and supportive environment. Additionally, we ensure our pupils can communicate, cooperate, and collaborate with others as part of an effective team, whilst understanding the importance of fairness and hard work. Through a consistent approach we embed lifelong values.
- SS Peter and Paul’s Catholic Primary Academy provides inspiring and enjoyable learning through a variety of sporting activities.
- The long-term P.E. plan details the units, which are taught throughout the academic year thus ensuring that the requirements of the national curriculum are fully implemented.
- Our pupils participate in twohigh quality lessons per week. Over the academic year pupils will focus on specific sporting disciplines. In addition, children are encouraged to take part in a variety of extra-curricular activities and we incorporate lunchtime and after school sports activities on a regular basis.
- Children are invited to attend competitive sporting eventswithin the surrounding area. This encourages our pupils to develop both their physical skills and mental wellbeing. Additionally, these events encourage teamwork, leadership skills and community interactivity.
- Lessons are adapted to meet the needs of children who are SEND and are given the opportunity to compete in inter-competitions in the local area.
- Across the school, a small group of children are invited to become sports play makers and because of this, they become sporting role models for younger pupils, are able to assist with lunchtime clubs, after school activities and other sporting events.
- Workshops: We offer our children a variety of sporting workshops throughout the year such as lessons and afterschool clubs delivered by Wolves Foundation, afterschool clubs led by Premier sports and opportunities to interact with the competitions that arise through these external providers. These opportunities help to develop our pupil’s fitness and interactive skills, whilst trying something new.
- Swimming: Children in Years 4, 5 and 6 take turns in swimming once a week. The course is repeated later in the school year to ensure that all children can confidently swim 25 metres.
As a result of the many sporting opportunities provided through Physical Education, SS Peter and Paul Catholic Primary School is able to promote life-long learning, active participation and resilience. This motivates each pupil to be the ‘best they can be’, develop a deeper understanding of their physical and mental health, and expand their overall school achievement.
- PE long term plan 2021-22.pdf pdf253.2 KbSep 27th, 2021
- Year 6.pdf pdf543.5 KbNov 16th, 2020
- Year 5.pdf pdf541.4 KbNov 16th, 2020
- Year 4.pdf pdf578.2 KbNov 16th, 2020
- Year 3.pdf pdf581.5 KbNov 16th, 2020
- Year 2.pdf pdf542.8 KbNov 16th, 2020
- Year 1.pdf pdf542.8 KbNov 16th, 2020
- Nursery.pdf pdf547.0 KbNov 16th, 2020
- Reception.pdf pdf549.7 KbNov 16th, 2020
Please view the additional documents in school:
- Option 1
- Option 2